So yesterday was my 24th birthday and it was fantastic! I got a day off from work and Clete and I just spent the day together... I think that this birthday is the first one that I actually feel my age. It seems for the past few years I have always felt like was turning one year older than what I was actually tuning. Ha! So now I guess I officially feel 24. Officially "mid 20s." I always thought people in their mid 20s were so much older and mature... It is weird to actually be there, in that category!
My day started with an amazing breakfast cooked by my amazing husband! Pancakes and eggs! Yum... :) We just kind of lounged around the house and relaxed and ate a small lunch at the house, because we had dinner plans at a place called The Mantle! We have really been wanting to get a new couch, so we went and looked around some furniture stores looking for THE couch to replace ours. We found one, but chickened out to actually pay for it, so we left! HA :) Dinner at the mantle was amazing! Clete and I have an obsession for Lobster Bisque soup, and they have the BEST we have ever had so we each got a bowl. A glass of white wine, a pasta dish, and a piece of cheesecake (flown in from chicago each day!) later we had to roll out of the place! We were so extremely full and so happy... :) On our way home Clete gave me my gift... Now I must say that i really didn't give him any guideance on anything! Sorry, baby! But he had been doing some sneaking around lately so I knew he was up to something! ha! He handed me a large white box and I opened it and this is what I found:

When I saw this I put the headphones on and pushed Play. What I heard on the other end was the most beautiful poem of love and dreams about me and Clete. He has been secretly writing a piece of poetry for me and he recorded himself reading it to me!!!!! Of course I cried, it was so beautiful :) After listening to the poem I kept unwrapping in the box, and found this:
A beautiful picture from our wedding with the poem on the pic. He did it all, used photoshop and everything! So impressed, of course :) This is a close up of the poem i'm not reall sure if you can read it:
We ended the day with a visit to my parents house... I absolutely could not ask for more! It was such an amazing birthday! I am truly blessed with an amazing man, family, and friends :)
Thank you Lord, for all you have given me...
Thank you Lord, for all you have given me...
3 comments:
so sweet. happy birthday!
What a great birthday gift (I teared up when I read it)! I'm so glad your birthday was wonderful!
How cute!! Glad you had a great day! :)
Post a Comment