Wednesday, April 02, 2008

I was prayed over today...

So, I am a firm believer in the Lord working in mysterious ways and through unexpected people and situations. My world has been quite unexpectedly mixed up in the past couple of months and it has been such an event that finding the "why" in all of it seems hard. I can't even give a legitimate explanation for everything and decisions that others have made in the past year, much less be able to tell myself and my family why these things are happening. I am daily trying to figure out why this is happening and have finally just kind of given up and resorted that I don't need to know why right now but that I will someday.

Yesterday I was working in the store by myself and typically the traffic really doesn't pick up until around lunch, but on this day a lady came in with her daughter and they were just kind of wandering around, looking. The lady got a phone call and asked me for a piece of paper and I tried not to listen to her conversation even though she was standing at the counter and i was working on the computer. When she finished her call she told me that it was insurance and we started talking about the store and told her about our permanent location. She started telling me about how her and her husband started a church near Clete and I's house. She is so nice and so normal and easy to talk to, so I began just mentioning some of the major things going on right now and she was so understanding. I told her that it is hard to be in this situation because I felt that God was leading me here in the first place and now that things are a little messed up; I doubt why I was lead here. She started talking about speaking specific words in your life to the Lord. Like speaking exactly what you want to Him... She told me something that I will never forget...

She told me that just because I am doing the Lords will, that doesn't mean that it is easy after that. It gets harder. You are being obedient.

I don't know why I never thought about it like that before... She then asked if she could pray over me. (she was so normal and that is why I was so okay with this) I was like SURE, im always up for someone else praying for me :) She began praying over me and my situation, over my family, clete and the store. She prayed very specific things for me and the situation. (I think she might have spoken in tongues at one point, but who cares) After she was finished, I, of course, had tears in my eyes. I thanked her and told her that I thought it was a God thing that she came in today. She bought a couple things and then left.

Wow. So nice and so brief and the Lord used her. I truly believe that.

May you all be open the the Lord working in mysterious ways today...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kenz, you are precious. I'm so thankful that that woman prayed over you. God is so good at surprises... I also want you to know what an encouragement you are to me right now. Love you.

Erin said...

that's really awesome....i love that! that's what it means to be Kingdom people, right?!