Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Weekend Projects


So Clete and I are apparently on a home improvement kick! There are several things that we have wanted to do around the house and now that things seem to be slowing... we have begun! Last week it was the wet bar and now we have decided to tackle...
<---- OUR KITCHEN!
We have decided to paint over our lovely dated cabinetry and update the hardware. This, of course is just the beginning, we want to new counter tops and backslash, you would too if yours were LAMINATE! ha ha. but we figure we can start with the new paint/hardware. It is kind of anti-climactic when you do your own home improvements. It def doesn't have that HGTV surprise at the end. But we figure, fix the house up while we live in it and not just before selling! Pics will come soon...

So the other day there was a girl that came in the store and her name was McKenzi... I got a little excited because I rarely meet anyone with my name. Usually they are little baby girls, but this one was older. I thought maybe we would have more in common, so when I asked her how old she was I was expecting to hear an age that I could relate with. Share life's problems with, and when she answered "19." My heart sank. dang it. So I muttered to her that I was 24 (well I will be next month, I just like to round up). I felt officially, in the presence of others, "Mid-20s." I have known it was there. Staring me in the face.... What happened to little 19 yr old McKenzie? That seems like a really long time ago...well it kind of was.
I began to think about all the things I have experiences in the last 5 years of my life to make me who I am...

Started College
Declared a Major
Made amazing friends
Survived the freshman 15
Joined a social club
Survived high-school like drama, in college
Crushed on boys
Married the man of my dreams
Had the most beautiful wedding
Should have died in a car accident
Traveled to Europe and learned to travel there
Graduated
Got my first "real job"
Bought my first house
Have two dogs
Started a business
Celebrated many friends' weddings
Mourned deaths
Adjusting to living so far away from my girls
Have kept a great relationship with my family
Helped my sister get ready for sr. prom
..... there are so many more .....

I have changed so much. I am so thankful for who the Lord has made me today. The struggles I was placed in have truly shaped me today. I am so thankful to have such a great friends, family, in-laws, health, and faith. Thank you, Lord, for blessing me with such an amazing (almost) 24 years....

0 comments: