Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Coming to grips

It's only tuesday, right?

This week started off with an amazing bible study with some dear friends that I have known since high school. I am really excited about getting to know them better and getting to spend great time with them. We are reading a book called "The Two Sides of Love" it is the book that compares people's personalities to specific animals and their behaviors. I am really pumped to get started. It was at this meeting that a great woman spoke true words that slapped me... she said that we need to just deal with the fact that "keeping" the home is our job. ugh. Now the reason this rung true to me is that she is not the type of woman that I would have predicted to think this. She seems to be the strong "you made the mess, you clean it up" type of woman. I am coming to grips that laundry is my responsibility. After 1 and half years of marriage I am just now coming to grips with that. ugh, again. Since I have realized this I have made some big changes in the house and could not be more pleased. I am embracing this "keeping" the house thing :) Still figuring out this wife thing...

2 comments:

*Courtney* said...

Hi McKenzie! So glad to see you're part of the blogging world now. Things are going great with me and the fam. I love staying at home and being a mommy and "keeping" house. I agree with you, it's hard sometimes to think of this as our responsibility. Matt still helps me ALOT, so I'm thankful for that. I cannot believe how much time has flown by since college. Crazy. Well, glad we can keep up with you now. :)

JENNY said...

Hey McKenzie! I just found your blog through a comment on Courtney's blog. I'm exciting about keeping up with you through the blog world. Hope you are doing well!!